[oXygen-user] Possible to Put Code Templates in a Framework?

Eliot Kimber eliot.kimber at servicenow.com
Tue Dec 7 16:38:51 CST 2021

We maintain a set of code templates that currently get bake into options.xml that is then distributed via an add-on that sets global options (and nothing else).

We maintain our frameworks in git and all authors clone that repo and pull regularly to keep it up to date, making deployment and update easier for writers (avoids having to update add-ons and then restart Oxygen).

Reviewing the docs I see that code templates are stored in either the global options or in project options but I didn’t see anything about putting them in frameworks.

Is there a way to have code templates in frameworks so that we can deploy new ones without having to update our add-on?

Thanks,

E.

Eliot Kimber
Sr Staff Content Engineer