[oXygen-user] [Ann] Oxygen Terminology Checker add-on version 2.0

Alin Belu alin_belu at oxygenxml.com
Thu Nov 12 09:31:50 CST 2020

Hello,

We are glad to announce version 2.0 of our Terminology Checker add-on is
now available in the *Oxygen XML* default add-on repository!

The add-on is free and is compatible with any Oxygen XML Editor or XML
Author version 20.0 and newer.

To install the add-on, follow these instructions:

 1. Go to *Help > Install new add-ons...* to open an add-on selection
    dialog box.
 2. Select "Default Update Site" (or paste
    https://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Addons/default/updateSite.xml
    <https://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Addons/default/updateSite.xml>)
    in the *Show add-ons from* field.
 3. Select the *Terminology Checker* add-on and click *Next*.
 4. Select the *I accept all terms of the end user license agreement*
    option and click *Finish*.
 5. Restart the application.

Version 2.0 of the add-on brings these useful new features:

  * Partial support to load Vale <https://github.com/errata-ai/vale>
    rules and use them to highlight problems.

    Supported Vale scopes: /heading/, /table.header/, /table.cell/,
    /list/, /paragraph/, /code/,/strong/, /emphasis/.

    Supported Vale extension points: /Existence/, /Substitution/,
    /Occurrence/.

    For example, you can download the Microsoft style guide yaml rules
    <https://github.com/errata-ai/Microsoft/tree/master/Microsoft> and
    add them to the terminology folder configured in the
    *Preferences->Plugins / Terminology Checker* page.

  * The new *Terminology Helper* side view gives an overview of the
    terminology problems. Clicking in the side view on the incorrect
    term will focus the matching term in editor area.
  * Share favorite rules with the team: define a folder
    /oxygen-term-checker/ in the root of your project and terms are
    automatically loaded from it.
  * Use capturing groups in the suggestions and messages in your custom
    term rules using the term match regular expression.
  * Match user defined custom terms at word level, character level or
    with a regular expression.
  * Insert replacement suggestion value as plain-text or as XML fragment.
  * Set problem severity (info, warning or error) for each matched term.
  * Enable/disable add-on from the tool bar without restarting *Oxygen*.

We hope you will find the plugin useful and as always any feedback is
welcomed.

Best regards,
Alin

--