[oXygen-user] Why does the Spell Checker start to work without my asking for anything?

Jean-Luc Chevillard jeanluc.chevillard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:02:22 CDT 2018

Dear oXygen support team,

what can I do to disable the automatic spelling correction which results
in my typing "a, i, "
and seeing oXygen changing it to "a, I, " as soon as I type the comma

I can read in the following page
https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/20.1/ug-editor/topics/spell-check-as-you-type.html
that
> Oxygen XML Editor includes an option to automatically check the spelling as you type. Not only does it check spelling when you are typing in the main editor, but also when you are typing in a comment. This feature is disabled by default, but it can be enabled and configured in the Spell Check preferences page.

If "This feature is disabled by default", why does it happen when I am
sure I never asked for it.

Thanks for your help. This is really getting on my nerves.

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard