[oXygen-user] DITA constraints: reject attribute values?

Yves Barbion yves.barbion at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 08:31:51 CST 2018

Hi group

The cc_config.xml file seems to be handy to apply DITA constraints
(although I could imagine easier ways, such as some kind of wizard, for
example).

I see that it is possible to "reject" elements and attributes:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/18/ug-editor/topics/configure-elements-attr-cc-individually.html

But is it also possible to reject attribute *values (without having to
create a DITA specialization*? For example, suppose I want to restrict the
list of the @type attribute for the [note] element. I only want to see the
values: warning, caution, tip and notice and "hide" the others (fastpath,
restriction, danger, important...)

Is there an easy way to do this? I think it would be nice if we could have
some kind of wizard which presents us a list of DITA elements and
attributes (and their values) where we would just select the elements,
attributes and attribute values we need (using check boxes to select or
deselect). And we also need to be able to show or hide complete domains,
similar to what is described in the DITA Style Guide:

https://www.oxygenxml.com/dita/styleguide/webhelp-feedback/#Artefact/Documentation_Process/c_Restricting_Authors.html

(A bit weird to see a screen shot from a wizard in XMetaL published in the
DITA STyle Guide on the oxygenxml website ;-)).

Thanks

Yves