[oXygen-user] foreign markup in ISO Schematron launched by NVDL

Matthieu RICAUD-DUSSARGET m.ricaud-dussarget at lefebvre-sarrut.eu
Mon Apr 10 09:13:42 CDT 2017

Hi Gerrit,

Thank you for reporting this for me :)

In my version of oXygen (15.2) there's a way to set allowForeign for schematron :

      Preferences > XML > XML Parser > schematron :  "checkbox to allowForeign"

I gues it's the same in the latest version of oXygen. (I will now it soon as my company will update each of our licences to the version 19 :))

This works fine when using a schematron validation scenario from oXygen (which implement skeleton xslt as far as I read). But when the (iso-)schematron is called from within an NVDL script, oXygen is using jing which doesn't support "NVDL with iso-schematron".

The latest jing version from Georges (https://github.com/georgebina/jing-trang) supports iso-schematron as standalone validation, but I guess not from NVDL.

Axel Court has made a patch for this (https://github.com/AxelCourt/jing-trang ):
- making the class com.thaiopensource.relaxng.util.Driver public
- using skeleton (http://www.schematron.com/implementation.html) for nvdl validation
But there are still things to set before making a pull request for this :
- a bug with xsl:import within skeleton, probably a catalog problem : iso_dsdl_include.xsl has not been included
- xsl parameter allow-foreign has been forced to true()
- jing now depends on saxon9 which was saxon6.5 before

Hope my interpretation of oXygen not supporting iso-schematron from NVDL is correct. If the team has any plan to make it work, please let us know !

Cheers

Matthieu