[oXygen-user] Multilingual Schematron messages?

Jirka Kosek
Mon Jan 11 13:13:55 CST 2016

On 11.1.2016 19:30, Tony Graham wrote:
> I've looked at it in the past, though I can't always find it every time
> that I look for it.
>
> My understanding is that for use with the Saxon extension, the
> Schematron message:
>
>    name="<value-of select="@name"/>" cannot be used when
>    axf:document-info with name="xmp" is present.
>
> it would have to be marked up as:
>
>    <t:_>name="</t:_><value-of select="@name"/><t:_>" cannot be used when
>    axf:document-info with name="xmp" is present.</t:_>
>
> but I was thinking in terms of dumping a properties file where the key
> is more like:
>
>    name="{@name}" cannot be used when
>    axf:document-info with name="xmp" is present.
>
> so it can be translated as a sentence and so it's possible to rearrange
> multiple <value-of> if necessary for the translation.

If you need rearranging then you can use t:format function, something like:

<value-of select="t:format('name=&quot;{1}&quot; cannot be used when
axf:document-info with name=&quot;xmp&quot; is present.', (@name))"/>

Which would be very close to your approach. Of course Gettext was
designed for strings so once you need more markup together with
placeholders it can get messay.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail:       http://xmlguru.cz
     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing