[oXygen-user] Multilingual Schematron messages?

Jirka Kosek
Mon Jan 11 08:32:36 CST 2016

On 11.1.2016 14:59, Tony Graham wrote:
> Currently, for the Japanese version of 'focheck' [1], I'm using a
> patched version [2] of the open source OmegaT translation memory tool to
> get whole Schematron files translated.  I've implemented l10n lookup
> from XML property files using XSLT before, but implementing extracting
> messages to property files and generating translated Schematron files
> using translated property files seemed like too much effort for just the
> 'focheck' project.

If Schematron is being compiled to XSLT for runtime then it should be
possible to use my Saxon extension
http://xmlguru.cz/2006/10/saxon-gettext without need to provide multiple
translated Schematron files.

Drawback is that is used Gettext and not OmegaT and that I haven't
upgraded extension to recent Saxon versions. But it would be nice to
have some localization library kind of standardized at least for XSLT.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail:       http://xmlguru.cz
     Professional XML and Web consulting and training services
DocBook/DITA customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing