[oXygen-user] editor font

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu) support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Aug 3 05:52:31 CDT 2016

Hi Lou,

An operating system has both physical fonts and logical fonts. A logical
font can map various parts of its range to various other physical fonts:

> https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/2d/text/fonts.html

Oxygen is a Java application and it has access to an array of fonts,
some logical (like "Monospaced" and "Serif") and other physical.
So "Monospaced" probably uses a variety of physical fonts for various
character range intervals. But as an application running on top of this
abstraction we do not really know how the operating system combines
ranges for a monospaced font.