[oXygen-user] Oxygen ver 18 validating docbook 5.1 how?

Bob Stayton
Fri Apr 29 15:15:17 CDT 2016

I've been looking at Oxygen 18's DocBook 5.1 support a bit.

When I do File > New and select a DocBook 5.1 template, I actually get a
5.0 document.  The version="5.0" and <?xml-model ?> processing
instructions that Oxygen adds at the top point to 5.0.  I guess this bit
hasn't been updated yet.

However, if I just change the number in the xml-model processing
instructions from 5.0 to 5.1 and reload the document, it validates as 5.1.

<?xml-model href="http://docbook.org/xml/5.1/rng/docbook.rng"
schematypens="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"?>
<?xml-model href="http://docbook.org/xml/5.1/rng/docbook.rng"
type="application/xml" schematypens="http://purl.oclc.org/dsdl/schematron"?>

The XML catalog that Oxygen includes for 5.1 uses "5.1", not "5.1CR3".

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises