[oXygen-user] [oXygen XML Editor Blog] - DITA-related improvements and goodies in Oxygen 17.1

oXygen XML Editor Blog
Fri Oct 23 23:21:41 CDT 2015

oXygen XML Editor Blog

DITA-related improvements and goodies in Oxygen 17.1

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AboutOxygenXmlEditor/~3/4_KvUa2YiFs/dita-related-improvements-and-goodies.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

     I'm happy to announce this autumn the release of Oxygen 17.1. We've
been quite buzy in the       last months working on it and we hope you'll
enjoy it in your daily XML-related       activities.     Oxygen 17.1 comes
with official support for the latest operating systems, Windows 10 and
Mac       OSX OS X El Capitan (10.11).      It also comes with a new user
interface color theme called "Light" that makes the entire
application interface look crisp and clean. Besides this, you now have the
support to define       custom color themes and share them with your
team.      As always we also have lots of DITA-related
improvements:         The dialogs for inserting conkeyrefs, conrefs and
keyrefs to metadata have all been           merged in one intuitive to use
toolbar action called "Reuse content".           The dialog used to insert
or to edit properties for a topic reference now also allows           you
to:             Set profiling attributes.              Define metadata
content.             Set any other valid attribute on the topic
reference.                     Experimental support for DITA 1.3. You can
enable DITA 1.3 support (using the latest           DITA Open Toolkit 2.1.2
bundled with the application) from the "Preferences->DITA" page.
This support includes support for editing and validation, scoped keys and
branch             filtering.            Scoped Keys Support. You can
establish key scopes and insert references to keys               inside or
outside key scopes. oXygen will also takes key scopes into account when
it               validates and checks for completeness, resolves key and
content key references, and               publishes.             Branch
Filtering Support. The DITA 1.3 branch filtering mechanism makes it
possible               to reuse the content of topics multiple times within
the same map, each time using               different filters.
You can find out more about DITA 1.3 support from our user's manual:
http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/17.1/ug-editor/#topics/dita1-3-support.html
or by watching this video demo:
https://www.oxygenxml.com/demo/DITA_13.html                   The oXygen
WebHelp system was also improved to enhance your published output.
Google           Search, Google Analytics, and some popular social media
widgets can now be integrated into           your WebHelp system and search
features are now available in offline mode.         Oxygen 17.1 comes
bundled with an experimental new plugin developed by Jarno
Elovirta for generating MS Word output (OOXML) from DITA content.
Once you decide in the "Preferences->DITA" page to use the bundled DITA
Open Toolkit           2.1.2, you will also enable the ability to create
Lightweight DITA topics and maps so you           can experiment with this
exciting new standard in the making:
http://dita.xml.org/blog/lightweight-dita.

--
You are subscribed to email updates from "oXygen XML Editor Blog."

Email delivery powered by Google.
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United
States