[oXygen-user] count objects in ditamaps?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Radu Coravu)
Thu Feb 26 08:22:00 CST 2015

Hi Roderik,

This looks quite hard to properly implement.

You could probably use our StylesFilter API from a plugin:

> http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/#concepts/stylesfilter-plugin.html

to dynamically add some static content before each image and table title.
But you would still need to somehow compute that counter for each figure
and title so you would need to go over the entire list of topics
referenced in the DITA Map and count all occurrences of figures and
titles which are before the ones from the current edited DITA topic.
This would take a lot of time so you would need to somehow create a
cache and update it when topics are edited and saved.
And a topic can be referenced multiple times in the DITA Map, what
counter number would you compute for figures and tables inside it?