[oXygen-user] Using a different (minor) version of Saxon with oXygen?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Adrian Buza)
Thu Dec 24 06:22:09 CST 2015

Hello,

Because of the tight integration (validation, debugging, etc), you
cannot upgrade the version of Saxon 9 that comes bundled with Oxygen.

However, you can use a different version of Saxon in Oxygen as a custom
(command line) XSLT or XQuery engine for transformations (NOT for
debugging), though you will need a separate Saxon license if you need to
use Saxon PE or EE. The license file should be placed in the same folder
as the Saxon .jar.

You can configure this in Options -> Preferences , XML -> XSLT-FO-XQuery
-> Custom Engines. Press New, select engine type: XSLT or XQuery and
give it a proper name. e.g. "Saxon XSLT 9.6" or "Saxon XQuery 9.6".
In the command line of the custom engine use:
For XSLT:
"${system(java.home)}/bin/java" -cp "path/to/saxon/lib/saxon9ee.jar"
net.sf.saxon.Transform "-s:${xml}" "-o:${out}" "${xsl}"
For XQuery:
"${system(java.home)}/bin/java" -cp "path/to/saxon/lib/saxon9ee.jar"
net.sf.saxon.Query "-s:${xml}" "-o:${out}" "${xsl}"
(do not omit the quotes)

You can then pick this newly defined engine from the Transformer combo
when configuring a transformation scenario: Document -> Transformation
-> Configure Transformation Scenario, New/Edit.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support