[oXygen-user] Schematron for Multi-Lingual Schemas?

Oxygen XML Editor Support (Octavian Nadolu)
Fri Aug 21 02:12:14 CDT 2015

Hello Tony,

Unfortunately we do not support multiple languages for the Schematron
messages. We have an issue on our issue tracker regarding this problem
and I will increase it's priority. The Schematron messages are generated
at validation and we need to collect only the diagnostics with the
xml:lang equal with the one form the application. Now all the messages
are collected, the xml:lang attribute is ignored.

If you make multiple single language Schematron files, maybe you can
create for each one a validation scenario and depending on the language
use the specific validation scenario. But you will need to associate the
scenario manually. Or you can create different projects and save the
validation scenario and the association in the project, and when you
will change the project you will have the specific validation.

Other workaround is to use the "phase" mechanism. You can create a
Schematron with multiple phases, a phase for each language. At
validation oXygen will present a dialog with the phases and you can
select the one you want depending on the language.

I added an issue also for the annotations, to support multiple
languages. Here is the same problem we collect all the annotations
without looking at the lang attribute.

Best Regards,
Octavian
--