[oXygen-user] Feature request: Improvement of Japanese search for WebHelp

Support Oxygen XML Editor (Sorin Ristache)
Thu Apr 30 01:14:35 CDT 2015

Hi,

Please test the search in WebHelp pages Japanese content with the
following Oxygen 17.0 beta build:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/userFiles/oxygen-AllPlatforms-17.0-beta-build-2015042917.tar.gz

You have to set the Japanese language in your DITA map (by adding the
xml:lang="ja-jp" parameter) or in the args.default.language parameter
and also follow the instructions at the end of the listing with DITA
transformation output messages for adding the Kuromoji analyzer runtime
file. After you add the runtime file the DITA transformation will detect
it and call it to index the Japanese content.

The search terms should be separated by spaces as in European languages
but I think you already know that better than us because you are the one
who suggested we can assume that for a Japanese search string entered in
a web page.

A Japanese user dictionary for the Kuromoji analyzer is optional and can
be set in the webhelp.search.japanese.dictionary parameter.

Best regards,
Sorin

<oXygen/> XML Editor

http://www.oxygenxml.com