[oXygen-user] Feature Request: Variables for Path Components When Building Result Locations in Scenarios

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Fri Feb 7 18:09:50 CST 2014

On 8/02/2014 9:54 am, Eliot Kimber wrote:
> The key is that I want to reflect directories that are ancestors of the
> file being processed.
>
> For example, say that files can be in project/a/b/c or project/d/e/f and I
> want to generate files in project/new/a/b/c or project/new/d/e/f--I don't
> see a way to do that without having different scenarios or modifying the
> scenario for each different starting directory. It precludes applying the
> transform to the common parent of both input directories and having it
> just work.
>
> And of course, if I could really have everything I wanted I'd like to be
> able to apply a regular expression to the incoming filename and then
> reference groups in order to construct the result filename....

For the most flexibility, let's make ${rppd} the relative path
withinproject of ${cdfn}, the current file directory.

project/a/b/c would be ${pdu}/${rppd}/${cfn}.whatever
project/new/a/b/c would be ${pdu}/new/${rppd}/${cfn}.whateverelse

Similarly for project/d/e/f.

--
Peter West
"For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?"