[oXygen-user] skip non-xml files when running batch validation

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Fri Sep 20 07:30:41 CDT 2013

Hello Scott,

What version of Oxygen are you currently running?
In v13.2 and older I'm afraid there's no way around this, if you batch
validate entire folders/directory trees.

For v14.0 and later, you can associate the unknown extensions with the
Text Editor (or other non-XML editors) and it will stop reporting the
warnings.
You can do this in Options > Preferences, File Types, New, specify the
extension without the dot (e.g. 'log') and from the Editor combo choose
'Text Editor' or another type of editor that you find appropriate.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support