[oXygen-user] Looking for a creative solution for an image report

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Sep 16 01:12:09 CDT 2013

Hi Matt,

About one of your intentions:

> 3. I would like a way to check for orphaned images but I think I will need to wait for a CCMS that manages all objects across all maps before I can do this efficiently.

We actually plan to develop such a tool in a future version, actually we
already have the code and use it internally for our user manual, to find
orphan topics and images. But of course, it will probably not find as
used those images which are linked from SVG graphics.
In the meantime one option would be to right click on the DITA Map
opened in the DITA Maps Manager and choose "Export DITA Map". Then use
our "Compare Directories" tool to compare the directory containing
exported map contents with the current map directory. The exported map
directory should contain only resources referenced directly or
indirectly starting from the exported DITA Map.