[oXygen-user] Autocorrect smart quotes in editor mode? Or only author mode?

Robert Nagle idiotprogrammer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 21:50:29 CDT 2013

Hi, there, I was happy to notice that in version 15 you now have
Autocorrect Preferences for autocorrecting smart quotes.

But I'm not sure how to use it properly.

First, does this autocorrect option only work in Author Mode? When you go
in Author Mode, will it automatically change all existing quotes appearing
in rendered text (as opposed to elements) into smart quotes?

Second, a more basic question. Can I assume that whenever I am editing an
attribute of an element that this Autocorrect option will not change it?

Actually, a third question which is even more elementary. If I were to do a
global substitution which resulted in attribute quotes as having smart
quotes instead of normal quotes, would the parser still process it
normally?

I publish a lot of fiction by myself and others. I often do a lot of
writing and editing both in editor mode as well as author mode. (I often
don't notice what mode I am in).

Thanks for your help.

--
Robert Nagle
6121 Winsome Ln #56C, Houston TX 77057-5581