[oXygen-user] author action - value parameter question(s)

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Oct 23 06:48:34 CDT 2013

Hi Andreas,

About question (b):
But if your goal is to allow users to edit all attributes anyway why are
you not using our Attributes view or our in-place attributes editor
dialog (ALT-ENTER keyboard shortcut)?

Unfortunately our editor variables support is quite limited so you
cannot do (a) and (c) using editor variables. So you would have to
implement a custom operation in Java which would look at the current
attribute value, show a dialog to the user and then use our API to set
the attribute on the element:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.html#tasks/addCustomActionHowTo.html

If you implement a custom operation on the other hand you can also use
the internationalization support provided by our API:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/index.html#topics/localizing_frameworks.html

Of course if you implement a custom Java operation you can gather all
attributes from the element and present them in a serialized form in a
text field and then set them back using the API, so you could also fix
(b) this way.