[oXygen-user] Improving usability of bundled FOP

Tony Graham tgraham at mentea.net
Fri Oct 11 08:30:37 CDT 2013

On Fri, October 11, 2013 2:15 pm, Jirka Kosek wrote:
> On 11.10.2013 11:39, Sorin Ristache wrote:
>> hyphenation patterns includes a different set of license terms. It is
>> true that some files have the same license but we would have to check
>> each source file to make sure it is compatible with a commercial
>> application. For example we do not and we will not include in Oxygen any
>> GPL licensed library.
>
> Oh, I forgot about potential licensing issues. Many patterns are still
> taken or derived from ones from TeX and GPL licensed.

Which could be handled by someone hosting an external add-on containing
the problematic files and the FOP configuration including the directories
where the files would be once they are installed.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham at mentea.net
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C