[oXygen-user] Chapter Numbering feature request

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Nov 11 04:45:01 CST 2013

Hi Matt,

The DITA Maps Manager is quite restrictive in the shown content which
needs to be quite terse because the view usually has a small width. We
will consider this as an improvement request.

But when a DITA Map is opened in the main editing area in the Author
mode its displayed is controlled by CSS so I have a workaround for you.
If you open this CSS:

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR\eXml\frameworks\dita\css_classed\bookmap_ext.css

It has a selector something like:

> *[class~="bookmap/chapter"]:before{
>     content: url("../img/chapter.png") oxy_capitalize(oxy_local-name()) " [" oxy_attributes() " ]";
> }

which you could replace with:

> *[class~="bookmap/chapter"]:before{
>     content: url("../img/chapter.png") oxy_capitalize(oxy_local-name()) " " counter(chapter) " [" oxy_attributes() " ]" !important;
> }
>
> *[class~="bookmap/chapter"][toc="no"]:before{
>     content: url("../img/chapter.png") oxy_capitalize(oxy_local-name()) " [" oxy_attributes() " ]" !important;
> }
>
> /*EXM-28843 Add a count number for each chapter.*/
> *[class~="bookmap/chapter"]{
>     counter-increment:chapter;
> }
> *[class~="bookmap/chapter"][toc="no"]{
>     counter-increment:none;
> }
>
> *[class~="map/map"]{
>     counter-reset:chapter;
> }

After this, if the bookmap is opened in the main editing area in the
Author visual editing mode you will have the chapter count present (with
chapters excluded from the TOC skipped). Clicking a chapter will open
the corresponding document.

I will also make these changes in the CSS which comes with an Oxygen
installation because it seems like a nice small improvement.