[oXygen-user] feature request for syncing filesystem with webdav

Dan Caprioara dan at sync.ro
Fri Nov 1 02:24:57 CDT 2013

Hello Jakob,

You could try the following (I have not tested it, but it might work):

1. Map the MarkLogic WebDAV modules folder to your local file system.
(You may find useful:
http://blog.mclaughlinsoftware.com/xml-technologies/configure-marklogic/)

2. Add the network drive to your oXygen project.

Now you can edit your XQuery modules from oXygen and you can checkout
modules from the SVN repository directly to the network drive, using a
SVN client.

Cheers,
Dan

On 11/1/2013 1:40 AM, Jakob Fix wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we're using OxygenXML Enterprise for MarkLogic development, and it works
> really well (just wanted to say this). Here is a feature request of the
> "nice to have" category:
>
> Right now we're developing and running our Xquery modules from the
> filesystem. However, at some stage we want to run them from within a
> modules database. So we have to load them into the modules database
> probably using WebDAV or mlcp which is quite cumbersome. The temptation
> will be great to work directly in the modules database, via OxygenXML's
> WebDAV connectivity. If we did this we'd lose versioning via SVN as this
> requires the changes to be visible in the filesystem.
>
> If OxygenXML could watch a filesystem folder and sync it with a remote
> WebDAV resource (in the upload direction) whenever a change occurred,
> that would solve our conundrum.
>
> Until then we can of course use an external tool such as node.js +
> grunt.js (and its webdav-sync plugin [1]). While writing this, I'm
> wondering whether the "External Tools" in OxygenXML could provide a hook
> for grunt.js?
> Are there other ways of achieving this change-based synchronisation that
> we could use instead?
>
> thanks,
> Jakob.
>
> [1] https://npmjs.org/package/webdav-sync