[oXygen-user] Relax NG compact + Schematron

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Wed Mar 6 14:18:57 CST 2013

Hi Mohamed,

Because the whole process is a lot more involved - we will need to either:
* convert to RNG and then use the converted RNG further to extract the
Schematron rules for Schematron validation (here we need to make sure we
get possible relative references right)
* extract the Schematron RNC annotations, following also RNC
include/import/externalRef patterns and then convert them to XML to get
the actual Schemtaron rules

Having the workaround to convert the RNC schema to RNG and using that
instead always lowered the priority of this.

Also I would think that people do not usually maintain Schematron using
the RNC annotation syntax so I would not expect to see a lot of
Schematron embedded in RNC, I expect that to be embedded in RNG and
converted to RNC, in which case people should use the initial RNG schema
that contains the embedded Schematron.