[oXygen-user] Integrating an SVG editor with oXygen

Eliot Kimber ekimber at rsicms.com
Mon Jun 24 02:23:17 CDT 2013

For DITA 1.3 we are planning to include a built-in SVG domain. The proposal
is currently at stage 3 (meaning the proposed specification changes are
under review by TC members).

The proposed design provides a specialization of <foreign> named
<svg_container>. <svg_container> may then contain <svg:svg> or <svgref>,
which is a reference to <svg> elements held in non-DITA documents.

For reuse you have two options with this design:

1. Use normal conref for <svg_container>

2. Use <svgref> to use SVG markup directly from non-DITA documents.

Cheers,

Eliot

--
Eliot Kimber
Senior Solutions Architect, RSI Content Solutions