[oXygen-user] oXygen and network schema fetches

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Tue Jun 4 23:23:57 CDT 2013

Hi David,

We will double check but if oXygen can check if the file is modified
then it will not load the schema again. Probably we cannot get the last
modified information on your schemas and that makes oXygen load it many
times.

The usual solution when you have remote schemas is to map them to local
copies though an XML Catalog. You can add a catalog either in the oXygen
options in the XML Catalog section or you can create a framework where
you can provide:
  - any resources (schemas, stylesheets, CSS files, etc.)
  - new document templates
  - catalogs
  - default transformation scenarios
  - validation scenarios
  - default schemas to be used if your document do not refer to any schema
  - CSS stylesheets to be used to render the document if you use the
visual Author editing mode
  - define custom actions and contribute them to the menu, contextual
menu and toolbar
etc.
Then a framework can be made available as an add-on and easily installed
by users by just pointing oXygen to a URL.