[oXygen-user] Follow Up: Automatically add @type when a topicref is added to a DITA map (Oxygen XML Editor Support)

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Tue Feb 5 02:18:04 CST 2013

Hi Scott,

Thanks for joining on this issue and for giving us your use case.

If the "scope" and "format" attributes are missing, the DITA 1.2
standard states that they should be implied as "scope='local'" and
"format='dita'".
So the default in Oxygen will be not to propose values for these
attributes in the dialog used for inserting topic references.
But I understand your use case and there are users with similar problems
so we will consider adding a setting (checkbox) controlling this either
in the dialog or in the Oxygen Preferences. I will notify you when this
gets implemented.

We will probably also add a separate setting for automatically filling
in the @type attribute value.

Right now, there is a possibility to post process the inserted topic ref
and add the missing attributes using our Java API. So if you have an
available Java developer I could try to guide you to implement this
alternative.