[oXygen-user] oxygen does not follow Mac alias

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Wed Apr 17 07:13:37 CDT 2013

Hello,

Oxygen does not follow Mac aliases from paths (nor Windows shortcuts for
the matter). There is no setting that can be enabled to support this.
Note that you can browse for files to open/save and navigate aliases,
but they are immediately resolved as soon as they are opened.
Unfortunately this is rather difficult to implement in Java since Java
itself is not aware of aliases. I've submitted this on our issue
tracking tool to be analyzed.

Aliases and symbolic links still create local dependencies. Why not use
an XML catalog instead?

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza