[oXygen-user] XML DIff algorithms

Peter West lists at pbw.id.au
Wed May 23 22:52:56 CDT 2012

I notice from the SDK that XML Diff uses an algorithm  "based on Sasha and Zhang" for its XML_ACCURATE diff. Do you know of any implementations based on DocTreeDiff?
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/ags/pi/lehre/PatTreesWS11/change_control_XML.pdf

There is a lot of information out there on this topic; most of it seems to be from Springer; and none of that is freely available.

See http://www.springerlink.com/content/720344g11375g004/

The ability to derive accurate deltas is essential for good version control of ODF and OOXML documents, of course. I'm looking at the Oxygen diff sdk for ways to provide diffs for mercurial or git.

Peter West

"Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road...?"