[oXygen-user] Oxygen 14 with OT 1.5.6M5

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Mon Jun 18 01:04:43 CDT 2012

Hi Eliot,

Actually I noticed the same thing a week ago.
Basically Oxygen also comes with Xerces (an older version than the one
bundled with the DITA OT though).

If you edit the transformation scenario, in the "Advanced" tab there is
a "Libraries" button.
You should then uncheck the "Allow Oxygen to add...." checkbox.

Then you have two possibilities:

1) In order for the publishing to work with Oxygen's Xerces library,
move the entry "${oxygenHome}/lib/xercesImpl.jar" so that it is in front
of the entry "${dita.dir.url}/lib/dost.jar".
I have not found the exact reason but this seems to make the
transformation work again with Oxygen's Xerces.
This modification will be available out of the box with Oxygen 14.

2) Use the newer Xerces. Add the newer Xerces jar to the list and
promote it to be the first one in the list. It needs to be located
before the Oxygen libraries because they contain patches which most
probably are not compatible with the new Xerces library.