[oXygen-user] Plugin needs a system property to be configured

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Wed Jun 13 10:54:23 CDT 2012

  Hi,

  I am writing a plugin for oXygen.  As part of that plugin, I
use a third-party library that needs a system property to be set.
For now, I added it to oxygen13.2.vmoptions, but this is really
not user-friendly (wrt to installation).  The other option I can
think of is to set the property from within Java during plugin
instantiation (the class extending Plugin), but I am not sure
oXygen ensures this is called before everything else in the
plugin.

  What is the idiomatic way to set a system property (especially
as part of a plugin)?  It would be nice to be able to set it in
the plugin.xml actually.

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/
http://h2oconsulting.be/