[oXygen-user] Saxon and strange behaviour of xsl:sort with lang

Jirka Kosek jirka at kosek.cz
Wed Jul 25 05:50:24 CDT 2012

On 25.7.2012 9:22, Oxygen XML Editor Support wrote:

> Do you obtain the same behavior on your side?
>
> I looked in the Saxon code and regardless of the @sort attribute value
> the method:
>
>> net.sf.saxon.java.JavaCollationFactory.makeCollation(Configuration, String, Properties)
>
> does not receive any value for the "lang" key property and thus the code
> falls back to:
>
>>  collator = Collator.getInstance();  // use default locale
>
> which is "English" when running in Oxygen or Czech when running the
> command line.
>
> So I think this is a bug in Saxon because the code which deals with the
> language from "net.sf.saxon.expr.sort.SortKeyDefinition" avoids setting
> any property value if the language expression is a string literal (which
> it always is):

Radu, many thanks for deep investigation. It seems that you are right.
Sorry for making noise, I know this was working in past, so probably
some regression was introduced in Saxon not Oxygen. I will follow up on
saxon mailing list.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka at kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz