[oXygen-user] Open link to other topic?

Oxygen XML Editor Support support at oxygenxml.com
Thu Jul 5 04:39:11 CDT 2012

Hi Roderik,

The "open file at caret" should only work if in the edited text content
there is an URL, which is not your case (the URL is in the @href
attribute of the xref).

But the click should work if the xref has the proper attributes set to it.
When you edit a DITA Topic in the Oxygen Author page there is a
drop-down toolbar button called "Link" which has an action called "Cross
Reference" which takes care to insert a proper xref to the chosen target
file.

There are other possibilities as well to insert an xref, for example if
you drop a referenced topic from the DITA Maps Manager (or from the
Windows Explorer) in the Author page a link will be created to the
dropped topic.

We have a basic DITA editing video tutorial here: