[oXygen-user] Activate XML Schema 1.1 in XSD editor

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Tue Jul 3 07:13:02 CDT 2012

Hi Florent,

Full support for XML Schema 1.1 is planned for 14.1. Right now you can
enable the validation from Options -> Preferences -- XML / XML Parser /
Saxon EE Validation by setting "XML Schema version" to "1.1" and
enabling "Use Saxon-EE as default XML Schema validation engine".

There is one possibility/workaround to get content completion now, if
you overwrite the /builtin/XMLSchema.xsd resource in the Java classpath
with a schema for XML Schema 1.1. To overwrite a resource you need to
place it in the classpath before the one you overwrite, for oXygen you
can do that by putting the resource in a jar then drop that in oXygen
lib/endorsed folder (the endorsed folder needs to be created).