[oXygen-user] How to Handle HTML Files with DOCTYPE Decl

Chris Maloney voldrani at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 13:03:51 CST 2012

It looks like the system identifier there is wrong.  It should be "
http://www.w3.org/Math/DTD/mathml2/xhtml-math11-f.dtd", I think.  But, of
course, rather than resolving it from w3c, you should download a local copy
and put an entry to it in Oxygen's catalog file, using the public id.  Or,
if you'd rather not modify Oxygen's catalog file, create your own catalog
file in the same directory as the dtd, like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
V1.0//EN"
  "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">
  <public publicId="-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0//EN"
uri="xhtml-math11-f.dtd"/>
</catalog>

and then add an entry in Oxygen's XML Catalog preferences pointing to this
catalog file.

That's how I'd fix it anyway -- not sure if it's the easiest/best way or
not.  :)