[oXygen-user] Outline view again

David Cramer david at thingbag.net
Thu Jan 19 14:57:06 CST 2012

Hi Wendell,
Thanks for the suggestion. In fact, I've done that before to address
this complaint and will probably do it again as a stop-gap measure,
but as you point out, it doesn't quite meet the need. The user wants
to be able to scan the nav pane, click on an item, and have the
content pane sync up.

I also have experience customizing the competitor of oXygen you
mention. In that case, I had several css files for the structure view
and used a macro/menu button to let the user toggle between them. It's
one of the few areas where that tool has something on oXygen.

You suggestion to add the ability to split the Author-view of the
content window would be a nice thing to have for other reasons (e.g.
to compare to sections of a document). In fact, you can already split
the content pane in text view. However, I think that the current
Outline view is already very close to doing everything it needs to do.
In fact, it's more flexible than the competitor's structure view in
that oXygen lets the user filter the list. That's not something you
can do with SV.

Thanks,
David