[oXygen-user] Problems with trivial xhtml --> xml xslt

James Cummings james.cummings at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 24 16:43:42 CST 2012

Whenever I come across a problem like this... it is always namespace.

You need to declare the html namespace in your XSLT and use that prefix in your XPaths. (Or set XPath-default-namespace)

JamesC

--
James Cummings, InfoDev, OUCS, University of Oxford (via phone)

"McGibbney, Lewis John" <Lewis.McGibbney at gcu.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I am pretty much going crazy here trying to capture an xhtml title value and present it within some xml output.
The xhtml

<head>
        <title>Building Standards Domestic Handbook - General</title>

</head>

My XSL

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:xd="http://www.oxygenxml.com/ns/doc/xsl"
    xmlns:ukm="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/namespaces/metadata"
    xmlns:ukl="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/namespaces/legislation"
    xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1"
    xmlns:dct="http://purl.org/dc/terms"
    xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org2005/Atom"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/namespaces/legislation
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/schema/schemaLegislationBase-v1-0.xsd"
    xml:base="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/id/ssi/2011/120"
    exclude-result-prefixes="xs xd"
    version="2.0" >
    <xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" indent="yes"/>
    <xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
    <xd:doc scope="stylesheet">
        <xd:desc>
            <xd:p><xd:b>Created on:</xd:b> Feb 21, 2012</xd:p>
            <xd:p><xd:b>Author:</xd:b> lewismc</xd:p>
            <xd:p></xd:p>
        </xd:desc>
    </xd:doc>
    <xsl:template match="/">
        <Legislation>
            <ukm:Metadata>
                <dc:title>
                   <xsl:value-of select="html/head/title" />
                </dc:title>
       all closing tags are present

I apologies for the really newbie question, but I've been stuck on this for quite literally an hour or so and the only output I can get is by replacing xsl:value of with ".", which returns the full xhtml page... not what I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards and thank you in advance.

Lewis

Lewis John McGibbney BSc (Hons), ICIOB, GCInstCES
PhD Researcher Informatics in Design and Construction
School of Engineering and Built Environment
Glasgow Caledonian University
0141 331 8420
lewis.mcgibbney at gcu.ac.uk

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Widening Participation Initiative of the Year 2009 and Herald Society’s Education Initiative of the Year 2009.

Winner: Times Higher Education’s Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers of the Year 2010, GCU as a lead with Universities Scotland partners.
http://www.gcu.ac.uk/newsevents/news/bycategory/theuniversity/1/name,15691,en.html