[oXygen-user] CSS Validation problems

David Lee dlee at calldei.com
Tue Feb 14 10:25:18 CST 2012

I'm editing a css file for use in Author mode.  My default CSS validator is set for "CSS 3 with oxygen extensions"
Content completion is working fine but somehow validating the CSS is finding errors where there should be none.

Any suggestions ? It looks like the validator is using a different engine then the content complete.

e.g.

function {
    display:block;
    background-color:#EEEEFF;
    color:black;
     white-space:pre-line;                                                               ERROR HERE
     white-space-collapse:preserve-breaks;                            ERROR HERE
     margin-left: 1em;
     border-bottom-style:solid;
     margin-top:0;

}

Engine name: W3C CSS Validator (CSS3)
Severity: error
pre-line is not a white-space value : pre-line

Start location: 21:0
Engine name: W3C CSS Validator (CSS3)
Severity: error
Property white-space-collapse doesn't exist : preserve-breaks

Start location: 22:0

David A. Lee
dlee at calldei.com<mailto:dlee at calldei.com>
http://www.xmlsh.org