[oXygen-user] webservice problem

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Fri Sep 23 06:05:16 CDT 2011

Hi Roderik,

How exactly does the code which calls the remote server look like?
Do you have a web proxy between you and the client?
Maybe you can post a snippet.

No, we are not blocking web service communication.
But Oxygen installs its custom HTTP protocol handler so if you are doing
something like:

> new URL("http://....").openConnection()

then you are not creating the default Java SUN connection but the Oxygen
HTTP connection (based on the Apache HTTP client).

If you want to use a standard Java SUN HTTP connection you can use this
construct to open the connection: