[oXygen-user] Validating entities?

Radu Coravu radu_coravu at sync.ro
Thu Sep 1 03:00:36 CDT 2011

Hi Espen,

The TEI P5 document is validated against the RelaxNG schema but the
Xerces parser is used to parse the XML file (and also the associated DTD
infoset).

By default the Xerces parser does not report unknown entity declarations
when it is used to parse an XML file.
To activate this behavior you can modify the XML declaration on top of
the file to set the "standalone" flag like:

If you do not specify the flag the parser will consider the file as
being a possible module and thus does not report the unknown entity
references as errors.

The specs for the "standalone" attribute is here: