[oXygen-user] Built-in Feature to Break Out Nested Topics?

Eliot Kimber ekimber at reallysi.com
Sun Oct 30 10:16:18 CDT 2011

I sometimes have the need to make nested topics into separate topic
documents. I see that there is a "create reusable component" option in the
DITA menu but I didn't find a corresponding "create topic document" option.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, Oxygen disallows pasting a new root
element over an existing one, so I can't just create a new topic from a
template then cut and paste the nested topic over the one in the template
document. Is there a way to do that?

Cheers,

E.

--