[oXygen-user] Validate and Validate with …

Sorin Ristache sorin at sync.ro
Fri Oct 7 07:07:52 CDT 2011

Hello,

The difference is explained by the different XML Schema processor
applied by the "Validate with" action. The "Validate" action applies the
XML Schema processor set in the user preferences (if the user sets a
processor explicitly in the Options -> Preferences dialog) or the
default XML Schema processor which is Xerces. From your error message I
think you set Saxon EE as the default XML Schema validation engine from
Options -> Preferences -> XML -> XML Parser -> Saxon EE Validation. The
"Validate with" action uses always the Xerces processor instead of
applying the same user preferences as the "Validate" action. We will
correct this problem in the next version so that you get the same errors
with the two validation actions.

The modsCluster.xsd schema seems valid and I think Xerces is right when
it reports no validation errors on this schema. I validated this schema
with both processors and the difference between the two results is the
one that you reported. I will ask on the Saxon user mailing list why
Saxon reports the xlink:simpleLink validation error. It could be a bug
in the Saxon processor or it could be a different interpretation of the
XML Schema specification.