[oXygen-user] more problems with xml-model processing instruction

George Cristian Bina george at oxygenxml.com
Thu Nov 24 02:09:18 CST 2011

Hi Jirka, Tara,

Indeed PIs allow ampersand to be entered directly.

However, the xml-model spec refers to the xml-stylesheet spec for
pseudo-attributes
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/REC-xml-stylesheet-20101028/#dt-pseudo-attribute
and that specifies that the presudo-attribute value should be obtained
after processing character entities and predefined entities by replacing
them with the corresponding characters:
***
[Definition: The string matched by PseudoAttValue in the PseudoAtt
production — with the three modifications specified below — constitutes
the value of the corresponding pseudo-attribute.]

Each CharRef is replaced with the character it represents according to
XML [XML].

Each PredefEntityRef in PseudoAttValue is replaced with U+0026 (&) if it
is "&amp;", U+003C (<) if it is "&lt;", U+003E (>) if it is "&gt;",
U+0022 (") if it is "&quot;" and U+0027 (') if it is "&apos;".

The first and last character (the start and end quotes) are removed.
***

So, we should make sure we have this processing added to oXygen.