[oXygen-user] Support for jar: URNs?

Eliot Kimber ekimber at reallysi.com
Mon Nov 14 13:48:55 CST 2011

Seeing a non-obvious result for zip/jar URNs.

I have this in my catalog:

This one works with ctrl+Enter:

  <uri
name="rsuite:/res/plugin/dita4publishers/org.dita2indesign.dita2indesign/xsl
/topic2article.xsl"

uri="jar:file:///Users/ekimber/workspace/rsuite-dita-support-quickfix/java/l
ib/dita4publishers-rsuite-plugin.jar!/WebContent/org.dita2indesign.dita2inde
sign/xsl/topic2article.xsl"/>

This one does not:

  <uri
name="rsuite:/res/plugin/dita4publishers/xslt/word2dita/docx2dita.xsl"

uri="jar:file:///Users/ekimber/workspace/rsuite-dita-support-quickfix/java/l
ib/dita4publishers-rsuite-plugin.jar!/WebContent/net.sourceforge.dita4publis
hers.word2dita/xsl/docx2dita.xsl"/>

This is the location of the second one as reported by the Oxygen Archive
Viewer:

zip:file:///Users/ekimber/workspace/rsuite-dita-support-quickfix/java/lib/di
ta4publishers-rsuite-plugin.jar!/WebContent/net.sourceforge.dita4publishers.
word2dita/xsl/docx2dita.xsl

The only difference I can see between these two last items is "jar:" vs.
"zip:".

If I change "jar:" to "zip:" then the second one works with ctrl+Enter.

I'm curious as to why zip would work and jar would not in this case--I
thought they were essentially synonymous.

Cheers,

Eliot