[oXygen-user] How does Oxygen Validate XSDs?

Eliot Kimber
Tue Mar 29 09:35:59 CDT 2011

Radu,

Thanks for the details. In my code I'm setting up the XSD-specific features
on the parser (schema source locations, validate = true), getting a doc
builder from the JAXP factory and parsing the instance, rather than
validating the schema itself directly. I should be constructing a Xerces
2.9.1 parser but I'll have to verify that.

I'm getting errors about incorrect substitutions and stuff--I'll have to do
some work to recreate the original failures (I routed around the problem by
changing the schema).

I'll try setting up a schema parser as you demonstrate and see if I get the
same validation result Oxygen gets.

Cheers,

E.