[oXygen-user] Restoring XML element folding to a single xml document

Adrian Buza
Thu Jun 9 07:53:13 CDT 2011

Hello,

What version of Oxygen are you using(Help -> About)?

First make sure folding is indeed enabled for all files: Options ->
Preferences -> Editor -> Pages -> Text, "Show fold bar"

In older versions of Oxygen(v11 and earlier) folding was disabled when
line wrap was activated. Starting with Oxygen v12 folding is no longer
affected by this.
The only situation where folding is disabled on a per file basis now is
when BIDI(bidirectional) editing mode(allows right-to-left writing) is
triggered. After opening the file go to Window -> Show View ->
Properties and look at the BIDI property. If it is "true" than that
explains the problem.

If BIDI is "true" and you are not actively using right-to-left writing,
you may want to disable BIDI altogether. Go to Options -> Preferences ->
Editor -> Open/Save and clear the option "Enable bidirectional support".
Restart Oxygen or close and reopen the BIDI document.

Regards,
Adrian

Adrian Buza
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support