[oXygen-user] Additional XSLT stylesheet in docbook transformation

Bob Stayton
Sun Jun 5 15:45:11 CDT 2011

Hi,
This is probably not an Oxygen issue, but a DocBook XSL issue.  The Docbook stylesheets generate an fo:root element and page sequences only for certain elements, and those are listed in the error message. What is the root element of the document you are processing?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Claudio Tubertini
  Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2011 8:15 AM
  Subject: [oXygen-user] Additional XSLT stylesheet in docbook transformation

  Dear Sirs
  I'm trying to produce a PDF from a docbook xml file. I need to use a customization layer but I keep receiving an error message like this:
  [Saxon6.5.5] ERROR: Document root element for FO output must be one of the following elements: appendix article bibliography book chapter colophon dedication glossary index part preface qandaset refentry reference sect1 section set setindex
  and
  SystemID: /Users/Sandro/Documents/quaderni_storicamente/index.xml
  Engine name: Saxon6.5.5
  Severity: error

  Here is the xsl
  <?xml version='1.0'?>
  <xsl:stylesheet
      xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
      version="1.0">
      <xsl:import href="fo/docbook.xsl"/>
      <xsl:template match="/book/chapter/para[@role = 'intro']">
          <fo:block border="0.5pt solid blue"
              padding="3pt"
              xsl:use-attribute-sets="normal.para.spacing">
              <xsl:apply-templates/>
          </fo:block>
      </xsl:template>
  </xsl:stylesheet>