[oXygen-user] oXygen Author-mode document comparison plugin

Michael Anthony Smith
Thu Jul 7 09:21:09 CDT 2011

David,

Thanks for your feedback.
> I haven't tested it with content that contains entities or xincludes
> yet. How does it treat those in the result of the comparison? Does it
> produce one big document with all entities and xincludes resolved? Or
> does it preserve those in the result?
We have some configuration options relating to entity and xi:include expansion.

Currently entities are only preserved in the general XML comparison mode (which produces oXygen tracked changes). This default behavior can be configured by changing the value of the 'Preservation Mode' parameter. Note that the general XML comparison mode's configuration parameters are made available by pressing the 'Configure' button on the Comparison file/window selection panel.

The DITA and DocBook comparison modes always expand entity references, as their revision flag markup is not intended for round-trip processing.

The DocBook specific comparison mode, by default, expands xi:includes elements. This can be turned off by 'unchecking' the 'Enable XInclude' parameter. The general XML and DITA comparison modes do not expand xi:include elements.
> Two bugs to report:
>
> 1. The file chooser dialog shows no files unless I change the "Files of
> type" field to "All files" (the default "Any file, *, *.*, *.XML..."
> doesn't seem to match anything).

We are currently working with oXygen to solve this bug. For more details please refer to the oXygen-user mailing list topic 'How to turn of file filtering when using the workspace.chooseFile method'.
> 2. If you have a document with a DOCTYPE statement but with no DTD, it
> fails to parse the document. This situation arises when you use a schema
> to validate the document but add a DOCTYPE to declare entities. For
> example, if you attempt to load two versions of the following valid
> DocBook 5.x document, it fails to load the first one complaining that
> "book" has not been defined:

We will address this bug, which arises due to the inappropriate use of DTD validation. One work-around is to compare these documents by turning off the 'Validation' configuration parameter. Alternatively, the general XML comparison successfully compares these files.

Regards,
Anthony.

--
Michael Anthony Smith, DeltaXML Ltd "Change control for XML"