[oXygen-user] Non-checked exception in a plugin: silently ignored

Florent Georges
Tue Jan 25 15:09:28 CST 2011

Radu Coravu wrote:

  Hi,

> It's more flexible for the API to allow you to add your own
> Swing buttons, actions and components to toolbars and views
> than to offer a lot of wrapper objects over the Swing
> *objects*.  This allows someone knowing Java Swing to develop
> plugins more quickly.

  Oh yes, we agree on that.  I love the fact oXygen is giving the
Swing objects directly available to plugin developers.  Just
maybe it would be worth adding an OxygenAction, which would add
to an AbstractAction some oXygen-related tools (like an error
dialog just saying "Plugin unexpected error" or something like
that).

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/