[oXygen-user] Installing plugin Java class files

Florent Georges
Sat Jan 22 11:14:24 CST 2011

  Hi,

  In the user manual, section "How to Install a Plugin"[1], one
can read:

    2. Put in this new folder the plugin descriptor file
    plugin.xml, the Java classes of the plugin and the other
    files that are referenced in the descriptor file.

  What does exacty "put the Java classes in the folder" mean?  Is
it a JAR file?  The class object files themselves?  In a directory
corresponding to the package name?  I tried all of those three
possibilities, I have the following in <oxygen-12.1>/plugins/
(given the package my classes are in is org.example.test):

    plugins/my-plugin/plugin.xml
    plugins/my-plugin/my-plugin.jar
    plugins/my-plugin/MyPlugin.class
    plugins/my-plugin/MyExtension.class
    plugins/my-plugin/org/example/test/MyPlugin.class
    plugins/my-plugin/org/example/test/MyExtension.class

  The plugin.xml descriptor is:

    <!DOCTYPE plugin SYSTEM "../plugin.dtd">
    <plugin name="MyPlugin"
            description="My first plugin"
            version="0.1.0"
            vendor="fgeorges.org"
            class="org.example.test.MyPlugin">
       <extension type="selectionProcessor"
                  class="org.example.test.MyExtension"/>
    </plugin>

  When I start oXygen 12.1, it says it does not find the
extension class.

  How exctaly should I install the Java classes of the plugin?

Florent Georges
http://fgeorges.org/

[1]http://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/ug-oxygen/tasks/howto-install-plugin.html