[oXygen-user] starts-with() match on @role in Schematron error reporting?

Tony Graham
Fri Feb 11 16:04:53 CST 2011

This message from 2009 describes what happens on Schematron validation:

http://www.oxygenxml.com/pipermail/oxygen-user/2009-November/002902.html

I couldn't find anything similar in the oXygen documentation.  Is it in
there?

oXygen seems to match on exactly 'warning', etc., in @role, as the 2009
message suggests.

However, I am currently working with a system that already has error
identifiers along the lines of WARNING_BAD_THING and ERROR_WORSE_THING.

I would like to be able to put those in assert/@role and report/@role
because the @role values show up in both oXygen and SVRL even when the
<assert> or <report> is in an abstract rule.  (I.e., there's nothing in
ISO Schematron SVRL for an abstract rule firing, but there is for its
<assert>s and <report>s.)

Is it possible to loosen the @role value matching to set the severity when
@role starts with 'warning', etc., instead of matching on the whole @role
value?

Regards,

Tony Graham
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2